Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March Socks (Cat Bordhi)

I finished the ribbed leg socks for March, my second pair for my project.
 They were knit with Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 2-ply (65% wool, 35% silk) Dandelion, 1 Skein, knit on size 3 needles. So far I have followed Cat's choice of yarn and color. They were easy and quick.  The ribbing was a knit 2, purl 1 pattern.
 I am pleased with the finished socks.  I haven't blocked them yet. The yarn for my third pair came in the mail Friday, and the yarn is lovely.
 Love's Philosophy

The fountains mingle with the river, 
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever, 
With sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
all things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle:--
Why not I with thine?

See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea:--
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?
        
Percy Bysshe Shelley  









No comments: