Thursday, March 18, 2010

New Teddy Bear

I just finished putting the final touches on this guy.  I will be listing him soon.
I haven't picked a name yet. I would welcome any ideas.
 He is definitely a winsome little guy.
 He is made from recycled denim jeans, with shoe button eyes and a hand stitched nose. I shaded his eyes and around his nose.
 I knitted a sweater for him, then spent hours trying to find the right buttons. I sewed on buttons two times, then removed them, before deciding to use black pom-poms.
I raided all my scrap drawers and boxes to find things for his collection of things to hang from his belt and sweater. He is a collector of odd things he likes or might need.
 Who can know what use he might have for some of the things he carries around with him. He is a strange, wonderful sprite.
It took me hours and much back and forth before deciding on which things to give him for his collection.
I knitted his hat from blue wool yarn from Rowan. I used the pattern from "Irresistible Gifts to Knit" by Alan Dart. It is the hat for his Yuletide Gnomes, which I modified. I added the inner workings of a wristwatch along with black pom-poms and a few trinkets.
And to finish him off, I gave him red striped socks, with some hasty darning (meant to be charming) for his little bear feet.
Please help me name him, by leaving any suggestions you might have.

Happy Belated St. Patrick's Day!













No comments: