Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Visit to a Tearoom

My daughter, Miakoda and I decided to visit a tearoom. I have never been to one, so this was a first for me. We live near a nice little tea shop, called The New Leaf in Riverton. We had a lovely time, friendly service, fragrant tea and delicious food.



We dressed for the occasion



The decor was lovely and elegant



Our tea came in pretty little tea pots, with individual tea strainers. I had cranberry orange tea, my daughter had pumpkin spice. Both teas were fragrant and excellent.





We started with a scone, clotted cream and jam, yum!



We are vegetarians, so they made us a special plate, finger sandwhiches and a delicious salad


Dessert was lemon, chocolate and strawberry. I liked the strawberry best.


We finished with mints!

1 comment:

Ms K said...

What beautiful times you've been having. The Port Norris pictures reminded me of how wonderful it is out there. And the beautiful tearoom....really elegant and sweet.