Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Day

My breakfast, fresh fruit and yoghurt.

 I start the day with a cup of coffee.
 I crocheted this capelet from Lion Brand Wool Ease that I purchased a few years ago for some forgotten project. I found the pattern in "Wrap Style" by Pam Allen & Ann Budd. I added a bottom border and picot edging around the bottom and front edges.

 I rarely ever crochet anymore, even though I learned how to even before learning to knit. Since I learned to knit so many years ago, I find I enjoy it much more than crochet. I was living in Rhode Island with two little children when I learned to crochet, and I made dozens of afghans before discovering knitting.
I knitted these fingerless mitts for my brother from Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash. I found the pattern in "Knits Men Want" by Bruce Weinstein. The photographs in the book are by Jared Flood. I love his designs and photography.

I knitted these fingerless mitts for myself from my own pattern. Unfortunately I did not write it down, so I cannot share it. 

I knitted and felted these slippers from Lion Brand Alpine Wool. I used a pattern I found online. They were easy and fun to knit. I added knitted flowers on the tops.



The lines on my father's face
the grey in his hair
tell me time is a race
I line the drawers
place his meager belongings
on the blue flowered paper
I line the shelf and place his
worn shoes on top
I line the mattress
with water proof sheets
make the bed
place his faded quilt on top
He sits and watches me
with watery blue eyes
I can see by the sadness
that lines his face
he remembers when
he was young with dark hair
JK







No comments: