Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thoughts

I can't believe it is December already. I am not ready for Christmas, I need a few more months. I always have big plans for the things I am going to make everyone. I know that I have three or four pairs of socks on knitting needles, just waiting to be finished. My yarn stash grows along with my plans.

 I bought this alpaca at a farmer's market last month. I am in love with alpaca. I don't know exactly what I will use it for yet, I just know it is heavenly and soft.
 And, yes I made a second trip and bought more, I think a slightly lighter shade.
 Then I made a trip to my LYS and bought this superwash Merino. I started this shawlette for my sister-in-law, but about the 32nd row I ran into trouble with the pattern. I figured out the problem with that row, but ran into more trouble further on. The pattern is from the book "Brave New Knits" by Julie Turjoman. The design is called The Orchid Thief Shawlette, designed by Ysolda Teague. I had to go on her web site to find the errata for it. I will not give up, I can do this, I can, I can, I know I can. 
  There is a lot of beauty in the world around us, sometimes in the most mundane and common things.
Beauty surrounds us,we have only to open our eyes and see.






No comments: