Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Frustration

I started this shawlette for my sister-in-law. I had some difficulty, then discovered that there was an errata for the pattern, which I printed out. I was doing fairly well until I hit row 86, then frustration set in. I went on Ravelry and read all the articles about this project. Fellow knitters admitted that it was a difficult row and offered tips on how to do it. I knitted and unknitted the row at least ten times, true frustration. I was ready to pull my hair out and beat my fists against the wall. I had decided to not be defeated by this pattern, but in the end I took great glee in giving up. As I rewound the yarn into a ball, row after row being pulled out, I gave a big sigh and vowed to find a more clearly written pattern. This shawlette is from the book, "Brave New Knits" by Julie Turjoman. Ysolda Teague, the designer of this beautiful shawlette, The Orchid Thief is truly an amazing designer. Someday in the distant future, a very distant future, I may tackle it again.

 I found a beautiful pattern for a shawl on Brooklyn Tweed, so I ordered the pattern. Then I discovered that all my #9 needles had unfinished projects on them, so I had to dig out my old needles from bygone times. The shawl  is coming along nicely, with well written instructions. I am using the same yarn and hope that things go smoothly. The pattern is called Juneberry.
 I will keep you posted on my progress.



 



No comments: