Sunday, December 19, 2010

Lessons




This is how I feel today. This is my morning coffee cup and it usually makes me smile, but today I feel like the cup.
I am knitting a sweater for my daughter for Christmas and only have five days left, so for once I made myself knit a gauge swatch. So far, so good, the swatch turned out to be pretty right on.

 I cast on 226 stitches and knit away, it looked beautiful and I was exhilarated, but then I started to wonder how I was going to attach the top to the bottom, as I did not see any instructions. This is when everything went south.  I realized that I had not read the instructions all the way through before starting, a no-no. A lesson to be learned is to read all the way through the instructions before you start. The second lesson, is to knit the garment in the order in the pattern. Now I have to figure out what I am going to do. Oh well--------
 Self portrait
 






No comments: